Registered Dietitian (full time, part time, Per diem)
Nursing Assistants (Per Diem, Part Time, Full Time)
Certified Home Health Aide
- Mad River Community Hospital requires post offer pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Mad River Community Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Applications are available at the HR Department located in the brown medical offices, Suite 12. Call (707) 822-7220 ext. 4122.
Registered Dietitian (Full or Part time)
Clinical medical nutrition therapy experience (MNT) with enteral and parenteral nutrition support and diabetes education within the last two years in an acute care facility preferred. The RD provides nutrition consultation and education for in-patients and their families including the development and documentation of interventions to meet nutrient needs; monitors and evaluates the patient’s progress; and communicates the nutrition care plan with other team members. The RD provides nutrition assessment and recommendations to Mad River Home Health patients as requested. The RD accepts rotating weekend on call coverage and limited out-patient MNT.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and / or Licensed Vocational Nurse provides direct patient care. Must possess current BLS certification. Acute care experience preferred.
The Monitor Tech is responsible for the continuous observation and monitoring of cardiac rhythms for all critical care and telemetry patients. Responsible for the detection of cardiac arrhythmia’s and communication of changes to the Registered Nurse. Responsible for the interpretation and documentation of cardiac rhythms per department standards.
1. Possesses current BLS certification
2. Handwriting is legible
3. Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
5. Must be able to read and write in English
6. Previous Monitor Tech experience or verification of basic arrhythmia recognition .
Certified Home Health Aide - The Certified Home Health Aide possesses basic personal care and home health services knowledge and training and a sympathetic attitude toward care of the ill, disabled and elderly. The CHHA furnishes service in accordance with agency policies and under a specific, physician ordered Plan of Care and the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The CHHA provides hands on personal care for the clinically ill, convalescent and or disabled patient, provides assistance in ambulation or exercises, assistance with medications that are ordinarily self-administered and general household services to promote and maintain a safe, clean environment which will facilitate the client’s self-care at home. The CHHA also performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services as directed by the specific clinician and permitted under State and Federal Law.
The Position requires maturity, emotional stability and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job including high stress at times associated with fast paced responsibilities, rapidly changing priorities, creative problem solving and emotional demands of patients and their families. Maintaining effective working relationships with peers, physicians and other health care workers is essential.
Medical Supply Coordinator - ( per diem)The Medical Supply Coordinator keeps medical supplies within the patient care departments of the hospital at levels that maintain maximum usage of the supplies while striving to keep minimum overall inventory levels by developing inventory procedures that supports ultimate inventory utilization.
The Medical Supply Coordinator will set par levels and routinely count the inventory in the Birth Center, ICU and Med-Surg, and will deliver many of the items needed for these departments to function effectively. The Medical Supply coordinator will also work with the Surgery Department in helping to maintain inventory levels in the Pain Clinic and Same Day Surgery. They will assist in setting inventory levels and stock rotation in all patient care departments of the hospital and off campus facilities.
The Medical Supply Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the supply requisition forms for both patient charge and non-patient charge items, and will also make adjustments to the inventory and transfer the items to the various departments via the computer.
The Medical Supply Coordinator will cross train with the Purchasing Agent, the Storekeeper and the Courier to be able help cover the basic job duties of these positions when necessary. This will involve receiving products from vendors and issuing to the requesting departments, as well as issuing routine and emergency purchase orders for items already established.
1. Hospital experience preferred.
2. Materials Management and/or Accounts Payable preferred.
3. Computer and internet knowledge preferred.
4. Ability to read and write in common English.
5. Clean driving record with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
6. Physical, auditory, and visual requirements as stated in Job Task Analysis.
IT Tech - The IT Tech operates under the direction of the IT Manager to perform hardware and software maintenance operations, hardware and software upgrades, diagnosis and troubleshooting of computer problems and to provide user support.
1. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
2. Must have strong technology and system skills including working knowledge of computer hardware and Windows 10, Windows 7, MS Office applications and computer networking.
3. Must possess troubleshooting skills for both hardware and software problems, specifically the ability to methodically approach problems, working towards a solution, while documenting steps performed.
4. Must have experience that demonstrates a satisfactory level of critical and strategic thinking skills.
5. Must have valid CA driver’s license, vehicle insurance and personal transportation as some work may occur off campus.
Clinics Front Desk Reception - The front desk reception position performs all clerical functions for the out-patient clinic. Reception assists in the operation of the facility by greeting and registering patients, answering the phone, filing and maintaining order in the reception area, and providing clerical support to the Medical Director and Nurse Practitioner.
1. High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Communication and speaking skills to receive and give information in person and by the phone.
3. Experience in this type of position or equivalent preferred but not required. A working knowledge of medical terminology and the insurance billing process is desirable.
4. Physical, auditory and visual requirements.
5. Emotional stability conducive to dealing with a high stress level for up to 10 hours per shift associated with dealing with fast paced physical activity, rapidly changing conditions, emotional demands, demands of maintaining effective working relations with peers, managers, patients and others.
Please complete an application to be considered for a position. Download the application, click here. You can print it out and fax to (707) 826-8221 or email the fillable form to HRRecruiter<at>madriverhospital.com or mail it in to 3800 Janes Road, Arcata CA 95521, Attn HR.