Adult Day Health Care of Mad River is here to provide therapeutic and recreational services for the elderly, medically at-risk adults, and those over 18 years of age who are dependent on others for care. A nonprofit organization separate from the hospital, Adult Day Health Care of Mad River offers respite and peace of mind for caregivers, as well as provide the participant's family an opportunity to work/ pursue and active lifestyle outside the home. We are here to help.
Our services include:
- Registered Nurses: Provide nursing care and intervention while working closely with care givers and primary physicians to meet medical needs.
- Social Workers: Provide individual and/ or group counseling for participants and caregivers. The offer resources, referrals and advocacy for individual needs.
- Rehabilitative Therapies: Includes physical, occupational, and speech therapy with individual and group sessions based on individual needs.
- Dietary Services: A mid-morning snack and nutritious lunch are included every day. Dietary counseling is also available.
- Socialization and Activities: Table activities and games, live music, dancing, singing, storytelling, bingo, trivia, walks in the garden, discussion groups- including Veterans and Bible study.
- Transportation: Door to door service is available to all participants living within transportation radius.
- ALL UNDER ONE ROOF!
Answers to some commonly asked questions . . . .
What types of clients does Adult Day Health Care serve?
- Frail individuals 18 years and older, with medical needs
- Developmentally delayed
- Mental health
- Dementia/ Alzheimer's
- Traumatic brain injury
- Serious chronic medical issues
How many days per week do participants attend?
- Participants are at the program site from 2 to 5 days per week, Monday through Friday
What is the length of an "average day" at Adult Day Health Care?
- A typical program day goes from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (4 hours minimum)
What funding sources does Adult Day Health Care accept?
- Medi-Cal, Veteran's benefits, Redwood Coast Regional Center, and private payment are accepted
What is the physical setting like?
- There are 2-room options. Both rooms offer great opportunities for socializing and activities. Each room also has access to a beautiful garden for the enjoyment of a stroll or sitting to take in some fresh air:
- The SUN room is a smaller, quieter atmosphere with more opportunity for 1-on-1 staff attention. It is equipped with safety features to ensure a secure environment.
- The VIEW room is the larger, livelier room with a more bustling environment.
How to get started?
- Simply call or stop by! Tours are welcome during hours of operation. Recommended tour hours are between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm, while the program is in full swing.
Where is Adult Day Health Care of Mad River located?
- We're located directly behind Mad River Community Hospital in a separate, single story building with clear signs identifying both the north and south entrances.
Adult Day Health Care of Mad River . . . . Where you'll feel at home away from home.
3800 Janes Road
Arcata, CA 95521
Tax-deductible contributions from individuals, businesses, and civic organizations are welcome and enable Adult Day Health Care to serve those community members who require financial assistance.