The purpose of Mad River Community Hospital Home Health Service is to offer continuity of care and preserve quality of life while promoting independence and individual success. We assist in providing support, treatment, information, and understanding of patients as well as aiding families to successfully manage their health care at home. This may include occupational and physical therapy, speech therapy, and even skilled nursing. It may involve helping the elderly with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and eating. Or it may include monitoring one's daily regimen of prescription and over-the-counter medications. Mad River Home Health Services can often delay the need for long-term nursing home care.
Who can use Home Health services?
- Patients recovering from surgery
- Patients with multiple new medications
- Patients needing cardiac rehabilitation
- Patients who need diabetic instruction
- Patients with acute and chronic wounds
- Patients with complicated medical regimens
- Patients needing intravenous infusion therapy as an alternative to hospitalization
- Patients of stroke needing skilled nursing, coordinated physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Skilled Nursing
- Licensed Nurses provide hands-on care under the direction of your physician. Skilled services include assessment, nursing care, instruction, and case management. Available 7 days a week.
- Home Health Aides
- Certified Home Health Aides provide hands-on care to assist with personal care and bathing under the direction of a nurse or therapist.
- Physical Therapy
- Licensed Physical Therapists provide rehabilitation services under the direction of your physician. Services include assessment, strengthening exercises, manner of walking/ gait training, range of motion assessment, and instructions to ensure safe mobility.
- Occupational Therapy
- Registered Occupational Therapists provide rehabilitation under the direction of your physician. Services include assessment and instruction for safety and independence with daily activities through strengthening, adaptive equipment, and adaptive techniques.
- Medical Social Worker
- Qualified Medical Social Workers provide assessment, assist with community resources and provide help with psychosocial stresses in the home which impair a person's ability to recover
- Speech Pathologists
- Licensed Speech Pathologists, under the direction of your physician, provide diagnostic evaluation and therapeutic services to help restore communication or ability to swallow.
How is the cost covered?
Services are covered by Medicare and Medi-Cal. Many private insurance companies have Home Health benefits. Mad River Home Health will verify your coverage and bill the appropriate insurance company on your behalf. To arrange service, talk to your physician, discharge planner, or call Mad River Home Health.
M - F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mad River Home Health Services . . . . Compassion and Respect for Mind, Body and Spirit
4605 Valley West Blvd
Arcata, CA 95521