Clinics Manager - Full Time
Nursing Assistants (Per Diem, Part Time, Full Time)
Certified Home Health Aide
- Mad River Community Hospital requires post offer pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Mad River Community Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Applications are available at the HR Department located in the brown medical offices, Suite 12. Call (707) 822-7220 ext. 4122.
The Monitor Tech is responsible for the continuous observation and monitoring of cardiac rhythms for all critical care and telemetry patients. Responsible for the detection of cardiac arrhythmia’s and communication of changes to the Registered Nurse. Responsible for the interpretation and documentation of cardiac rhythms per department standards.
1. Possesses current BLS certification
2. Handwriting is legible
3. Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
5. Must be able to read and write in English
6. Previous Monitor Tech experience or verification of basic arrhythmia recognition
Clinics Manager - The Clinics Manager oversees the operation of services provided through the outpatient clinics. The Clinics Manager is responsible for setting policy and directing, administrating, and evaluating Family Practice Clinics, Specialty Clinics, consistent with organizational goals and objectives. The Department Manager may function in a single location or multiple locations within the Outpatient network. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS, 2-5 years clinical acute care experience preferred, 2 years’ experience in a primary care setting preferred, current knowledge of governmental regulations and community health principles applicable to occupational and environmental health and safety, knowledge of Rural Health Clinic licensing and regulatory requirements preferred, Ability to plan, organize, work independently, and manage multiple projects, ability to use technology to review statistics, collect data and interpret significant findings.
Nursing Assistant - Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and / or Licensed Vocational Nurse provides direct patient care. Must possess current BLS certification. Acute care experience preferred.
Certified Home Health Aide - The Certified Home Health Aide possesses basic personal care and home health services knowledge and training and a sympathetic attitude toward care of the ill, disabled and elderly. The CHHA furnishes service in accordance with agency policies and under a specific, physician ordered Plan of Care and the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The CHHA provides hands on personal care for the clinically ill, convalescent and or disabled patient, provides assistance in ambulation or exercises, assistance with medications that are ordinarily self-administered and general household services to promote and maintain a safe, clean environment which will facilitate the client’s self-care at home. The CHHA also performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services as directed by the specific clinician and permitted under State and Federal Law.
The Position requires maturity, emotional stability and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job including high stress at times associated with fast paced responsibilities, rapidly changing priorities, creative problem solving and emotional demands of patients and their families. Maintaining effective working relationships with peers, physicians and other health care workers is essential.
Housekeeper - In this role, our housekeepers maintain the cleanliness of assigned areas to promote sanitary, orderly and attractive conditions.
1. Must be 18 years of age – minimum.
2. High School graduate or equivalent preferred
3. Previous janitorial experience preferred.
4. Previous hospital experience preferred.
5. Ability to read, write and effectively communicate orally in English.
6. Meets task analysis for position.
Under general supervision, the Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the Purchasing Department. Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Oversight of organizational wide physical inventory
- Chair of the Products committee
- Contract negotiations
1. High school diploma or equivalent. College degree in business or related field desired.
2. Three years management experience in Materials Management or a related field.
3. Keen mental faculties to perform assessment and make decisions daily with a positive attitude.
4. Emotional stability conducive to dealing with a high stress level for 8-12 hours at a time associated with dealing with fast-paced physical activity, rapidly changing conditions, emotional demands and demands of maintaining effective working relationships with peers.
5. Physical ability.
Quality Team Specialist - The Quality Team Specialist works under the supervision of the Director of Ancillary Services and Safety. The specialist is responsible for the collection, entry, maintenance and reporting of data for Quality as required by appropriate regulatory agencies. Utilizing analytical, cognitive and leadership skills, the specialist shall utilize the collected data for research, prevention initiatives and performance improvement. The data shall be obtained from Department specific records. It is important to acknowledge that high-quality data begins with high-quality data entry, and it is the specialist who is responsible to perform this task. The Quality Team Specialist will also been assigned hospital specific projects as “Project Leader” to coordinate as they are deemed necessary by administration.
1. Combination of training, education and experience in emergency response and readiness sufficient to perform duties of the position, preferably in a healthcare setting.
2. Training and experience in Hospital Incident Command System or completion of ICS 100, 200, 700, 800 within 90 days of hire.
3. Ability to integrate emergency readiness into hospital culture and across different user groups using various media platforms, communications tools and marketing strategies.
4. Exceptional communication skills with staff, supervisors and co-workers. Strong grammar/language skills. Background in medical terminology preferred.
5. Excellent analytical skills.
6. Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
7. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
8. Flexibility, ability to multi-task, prioritize, be detail-oriented and participates in creative problem-solving.
10. Ability to work independently.
Medical Supply Coordinator - The Medical Supply Coordinator keeps medical supplies within the patient care departments of the hospital at levels that maintain maximum usage of the supplies while striving to keep minimum overall inventory levels by developing inventory procedures that supports ultimate inventory utilization.
The Medical Supply Coordinator will set par levels and routinely count the inventory in the Birth Center, ICU and Med-Surg, and will deliver many of the items needed for these departments to function effectively. The Medical Supply coordinator will also work with the Surgery Department in helping to maintain inventory levels in the Pain Clinic and Same Day Surgery. They will assist in setting inventory levels and stock rotation in all patient care departments of the hospital and off campus facilities.
The Medical Supply Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the supply requisition forms for both patient charge and non-patient charge items, and will also make adjustments to the inventory and transfer the items to the various departments via the computer.
The Medical Supply Coordinator will cross train with the Purchasing Agent, the Storekeeper and the Courier to be able help cover the basic job duties of these positions when necessary. This will involve receiving products from vendors and issuing to the requesting departments, as well as issuing routine and emergency purchase orders for items already established.
1. Hospital experience preferred.
2. Materials Management and/or Accounts Payable preferred.
3. Computer and internet knowledge preferred.
4. Ability to read and write in common English.
5. Clean driving record with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
6. Physical, auditory, and visual requirements as stated in Job Task Analysis.
IT Tech - The IT Tech operates under the direction of the IT Manager to perform hardware and software maintenance operations, hardware and software upgrades, diagnosis and troubleshooting of computer problems and to provide user support.
1. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
2. Must have strong technology and system skills including working knowledge of computer hardware and Windows 10, Windows 7, MS Office applications and computer networking.
3. Must possess troubleshooting skills for both hardware and software problems, specifically the ability to methodically approach problems, working towards a solution, while documenting steps performed.
4. Must have experience that demonstrates a satisfactory level of critical and strategic thinking skills.
5. Must have valid CA driver’s license, vehicle insurance and personal transportation as some work may occur off campus.
Emergency Preparedness Coordinator - The Emergency Preparedness Coordinator manages the hospital emergency preparedness program. The program includes, but is not limited to, staff training, material supplies support, interagency response planning, policy development and testing, documentation and quality improvement to ensure the hospital is able to meet and overcome challenges from a wide array of emergencies and disaster scenarios.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator works directly with all department managers and staff to perform and oversee these and other duties, and achieve compliance and regulatory objectives.
1. Combination of training, education, and experience in emergency response and readiness sufficient to perform duties of the position, preferably in a healthcare setting.
2. Training and experience in Hospital Incident Command System.
3. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with diverse groups.
4. Ability to work under stressful conditions.
5. Knowledge of regulatory and compliance authorities, including HFAP, CMS, CAL OSHA and others.
6. Ability to integrate emergency readiness into hospital culture and across different user groups using various media platforms, communications tools and marketing strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review and update Emergency Operations Plan, Hazard Vulnerability Analysis and relevant policies.
2. Develops and reviews plans in support of emergency response and preparedness.
3. Conduct exercises, drills and tests to ensure plans are appropriate and serviceable.
4. Develops training plans and conducts training for hospital staff.
5. Attends regional partnership meetings with emergency response planners and participates in local and regional exercises and training.
6. Ensure regulatory and accreditory compliance in emergency preparedness.
7. Identifies and supports management of disaster and emergency supplies for emergency and disaster scenarios.
8. Provides regular updates and summaries to Senior Leadership, Mangers, committees and other groups.
Clinics Front Desk Reception - The front desk reception position performs all clerical functions for the out-patient clinic. Reception assists in the operation of the facility by greeting and registering patients, answering the phone, filing and maintaining order in the reception area, and providing clerical support to the Medical Director and Nurse Practitioner.
1. High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Communication and speaking skills to receive and give information in person and by the phone.
3. Experience in this type of position or equivalent preferred but not required. A working knowledge of medical terminology and the insurance billing process is desirable.
4. Physical, auditory and visual requirements.
5. Emotional stability conducive to dealing with a high stress level for up to 10 hours per shift associated with dealing with fast paced physical activity, rapidly changing conditions, emotional demands, demands of maintaining effective working relations with peers, managers, patients and others.
Please complete an application to be considered for a position. Download the application, click here. You can print it out and fax to (707) 826-8221 or email the fillable form to HRRecruiter<at>madriverhospital.com or mail it in to 3800 Janes Road, Arcata CA 95521, Attn HR.